Read more about ACHINGA MEZHUKKUPURATTI
Achinga Payar (Pacha Payar) Mezhukkupuratti is a regular side dish in my house because it's not just delicious, it’s also healthy…talking about the health benefits, Long beans is low in fat and offer an outstanding source of protein, fiber, folic acid, and complex carbohydrates.
It’s very tasty and very easy to cook that goes well with rice or with Indian bread. So, include long beans in your daily diet and stay fit and healthy. Enjoy!
Kerala style long beans stir fry with spices, onion, and garlic. An easy and healthy dish that can be served with rice. Another side dishes for Kerala Onam/Vishu Sadya.
Similar Recipes, You may also like
Achinga Mezhukkupuratti also healthy…talking about the health benefits, Long beans is low in fat and offer an outstanding source of protein, fiber, folic acid, and complex carbohydrates.
- Achinga Payar/ Long Beans - 250 Gm
- Onion / Shallots - 5
- Finely Chopped Garlic- 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Green Chillies - 2 Slit
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Tablespoon
- Salt to Taste
- Coconut Oil - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Curry Leaves - Few
- 1Rinse achinga payar a couple of times in water and chop payar finely. Cut the achinga payar/long beans into 1″ long pieces.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil(coconut oil is best for frying vegetables) in a non-stick pan. Splutter mustard seeds. Then add chopped/crushed onion, curry leaves and green chilly. Mix well and begin to saute continuously on low flame. Fry it for 2-3 mins, till the raw smell leaves and onion starts browning. Don't make them in brown color.
- 3Then add chilli powder and turmeric powder and saute it well for 1 minute. Add achinga payar into it and salt as per taste, stir and mix again. Cover the pan with a lid and cook it for 5-7 minutes (Don't overcook the vegetables).
- 4Open the lid, if there is any water in the pan, cook achinga payar till it becomes soft without the cover till the water evaporates. Serve achinga Mezhukkupuratti/Long Beans Stir Fry with rice or side dish in sadya.