Read more about AMARA PAYAR THORANAmarakka thoran is a simple stir fry with coconut. Amarappayaru / Amarakka have several health benefits. Try this recipe and Enjoy!!!
- Amarappayaru / Amarakka - 250 Gm
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coconut Oil - 2 Teaspoon
- Big Onion, Finely Chopped - 1
- Green Chilly, Finely Chopped - 4
- Grated Coconut -1/2 Cup
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garlic Clove Chopped - 2
- Curry Leaves - Few
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 1Wash and clean the Amarappayaru well. Cut both ends of the Amara payaru / Hyacinth Bean. Finely chop them and keep aside.
- 2Heat oil in non-stick pan / Kadai and add the mustard seeds. When it splutters, add cumin seeds and stir well for few seconds. Make sure the flame should be medium. Add the onion, curry leaves, green chilies, garlic clove and saute till onion turns to translucent.
- 3Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and saute it well for 10 seconds. Now add the Amara Payar / Amarappayaru and salt. Mix very well. Close the pan with a lid and cook for 4-6 minutes on medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- 4Now add grated coconut saute and cook until the beans are cooked. Taste the thoran and adjust the salt if needed. Stir and cook for 1 - 2 minutes, do not overcook the veggie. Switch off the flame and serve the tasty Amarappayaru thoran with rice.