Read more about BEANS MEZHUKKUPURATTI
Beans Mezhukkupuratti is an easy and healthy dish, everyday dish to be served along with rice for lunch or dinner. This is one of the easiest preparations of vegetable and it certainly goes with plain rice. What makes unique about the dish is the addition of pepper powder and spicy masala added to the Vegetable.
Mezhukkupuratti is a traditional Kerala Style stir-fried vegetables, the specialty of the dish is that it is cooked in Coconut Oil along with a tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves. Beans Mezhukkupuratti is one of the food items in Onam/Vishu sadya. Mezhupuratti is a Kerala style simple stir-fry where the vegetables are blanched and then blended with onion and garlic. This delicious dish is served along with Mixed Vegetable Sambar and Kerala Red rice for an authentic Kerala style meal.
Similar Recipes, You may also like
- Beans Thoran Recipe
- Restaurant Style Green Peas Curry
- Koorka Varutharacha Curry
- Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti
- Koorka Mezhukkupuratti
Mezhukkupuratti can be made with different vegetables like Koorka, achinga payar, Vendakka, Potatosetc but with slight variations depending on the vegetables. The Mezhukkupuratti cooked with onion slices and finished with turmeric powder and pepper powder which adds a beautiful mild flavor to the beans.
- Beans - 500 Gm
- Pepper Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Curry Leaves - 1 Spring
- Cooking Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Onion Chopped - 1 Small Size
- Green Chilly Finely Chopped - 4 Nos
- Salt to Taste
- 1Rinse green beans a couple of times in water and chop beans finely.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil(coconut oil is best for frying vegetables) in a non-stick pan.
- 3Add chopped onion, curry leaves and green chilly. Mix well and begin to saute continuously on low flame.
- 4Saute till the onions turn glassy. Don't make them in brown color.
- 5Then add turmeric powder and saute it well.
- 6Add beans into it and salt as per taste, stir and mix again.
- 7Cover the pan with a lid and cook it for 5-7 minutes (Don't overcook the vegetables).
- 8Open the lid, if there are any water in the pan, cook beans without the cover till the water evaporates.
- 9Serve beans Mezhukkupuratti with rice or side dish in sadya.