Read more about BEANS THORAN RECIPE
How to make easy and tasty beans thoran, fry, poriyal or curry with beans ?. Beans Thoran is a Kerala style of stir frying beans with Malabar spices and freshly grated coconut.
Poriyal or thoran is an Indian vegetable dish sauteed with spices and grated coconut. Beans Thoran is a simple stir fry with coconut. You can make thoran using any vegetables like cabbage, amarapayar, pavakka and cheera.
Similar Recipes :
Try beans curry without coconut, then its called Mezhukkupuratti. I am adding a special Beans Pepper Mezhukkupuratti recipe with pepper. Beans Thoran can serve with rice, chappathi or roti. Try this recipe and Enjoy!!!
- Green Beans/ French Beans - 250 Gm
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin seed - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coconut Oil - 2 Teaspoon
- Big Onion, Small Size, Finely Chopped - 1
- Green Chilly, Finely Chopped - 4
- Grated Coconut -1/2 Cup
- Garlic Clove Chopped - 1 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves - Few
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- 1Wash and clean the Beans well. Cut both ends of the beans. Finely chop them and keep aside.
- 2Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan and put mustard. When it splutters, add cumin seed , curry leaves, chopped onion, and garlic and stir well for few seconds.
- 3Add the beans and salt. Mix very well. Close the pan with a lid and cook for 6-8 minutes on medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- 4Now, add the turmeric and chili powders. Fry for 3 to 5 seconds and add the scraped coconut. Add a little salt and combine well, fry for some time. Switch off the flame and serve beans thoran hot with rice.