Read more about BEETROOT THORAN
Simple and common Kerala style beetroot thoran. Thoran (Poriyal) is simply fried any vegetables like cabbage, kaya, beans, jackfruit(chakka) and grated coconut. Beetroot recipes are very nice and tasty side dish served with rice and sambar. You may like Beetroot Pachadi, a traditional side dish for sadya.
Similar Thoran Recipes -
Here I am simply explained how to make Kerala style beetroot thoran recipe or Tamil style beetroot poriyal.
- Beetroot (shredded or finely chopped) - 250 Gm
- Shallots - 5 (thinly sliced)
- Garlic - 3 pods (crushed)
- Green chillies - 6 (slit lengthwise)
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- 1Peel and wash beetroot. Finely chop the beetroots. In a mixing bowl, add chopped beetroots, grated coconut, turmeric powder, shallots, cumin seeds, garlic, salt, and curry leaves. Mix well using your hands and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- 1Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add beetroot mixture and mix well. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes on a low flame(do not cover the pan). Stir occasionally. Serve hot as a side dish in sadya.