Read more about CABBAGE THORAN RECIPE
Thoran means a dry finely chopped vegetable fry from Kerala prepared with any vegetables. The Cabbage thoran or Cabbage Mezhukkupuratti is very tasty, easy to make, delicious and traditional dish and it is mainly used as a side dish in sadhya. Cabbage Thoran is very easy to make (Easy Cabbage Recipes) and delicious. Cabbage thoran is also known as cabbage poriyal.
Similar Recipes, you may also like
In cabbage thoran recipe, I am using freshly grated coconut along with red and green chili, curry leaves, mustard seeds, shallot and so on. All these ingredients are well mixed with chopped cabbage and wait for 10-20 minutes. After that, you can fry this mixture in a medium flame.
- Finely sliced cabbage - 500 gm
- Freshly grated coconut - 1 cup
- Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Green chilis slit lengthwise - 3
- Sliced Shallots - 2
- Chopped Onion - 2
- Curry Leaves - 12
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut oil - 2 tablespoons
- 1In a large saucepan, add finely sliced cabbage with grated coconut, turmeric powder, shallots, onion, curry leaves, salt and little water. Mix it well nicely with your fingers and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- 2In a pan or kadai, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- 3Add mustard seeds and saute, when it splutters add mixed ingredients.
- 4Saute the mixture well, reduce the heat to medium flame.
- 5Cover the pan with a lid and wait for 5-10 minutes.
- 6Remove lid, if there any moisture/water in it, then cooked for 1 or two minutes again.
- 7Turn the heat off, and garnish the cabbage thoran with curry leaves and onion.
- 8Serve hot with rice.