Read more about CHAKKA THORANThe first time, I am tried to make thoran using chola chakka (Jackfruit). But I don't know how to prepare chakka thoran. I decided to search chakka thoran recipe and find only idichakka thoran recipes. So last I decide to cook chakka thoran like Idichakka Thoran. Wow, It could be awesome.
- Chakka Jackfruit - 1 Kg
- Onions - 10 Nos
- Red Chilli - 5 Nos
- Tumeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves - 1 Spring
- Coconut Grated - 1/2 Cup
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coconut Oil -1 Tablespoon
- 1Jackfruit cleaning is a time consuming task. When cleaning the Jackfruit spread 1 spoon of oil on a storage bowl. Also, coat your hands and knife with oil as well because jackfruit is sticky. Clean it and chop finely using a vegetable cutter.
- 2Pressure cook the fruits along with tumeric and salt with enough water.
- 3Grind red chilly and onions in mixie or blender. Do not grind the paste.
- 4Heat non-stick pan, add coconut oil and splutter the mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and saute for 5 seconds. Add chilly powder and saute well for 30 seconds on low flame.
- 5Add cooked chakka and mix well. Add grated coconut and mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add little oil and turn off the flame cook until the chakka thoran is dry.