Read more about CHEERA THORAN
Similar Recipes, you may like
Wash cheera thoroughly under running water. Avoid cooking for a long time, as the spinach loses its nutrition, natural color and turns dark.
- Spinach/Cheera - 1 Cup
- Coconut Oil - 2 Tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Red Chillies Chopped - 2 Tablespoon
- Curry Leaves - 1 Spring
- Green Chillies Chopped - 2 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Garlic Chopped - 1 Tablespoon
- Grated Coconut - 1/4 Cup
- Salt to Taste
- 1Wash the cheera/spinach well under running water and let it dry thoroughly. Drain the water completely before cutting. Chop the cheera finely.
- 2Combine ground coconut, green chillies, red chilli powder, and turmeric powder(You can use mixie or mix well with your fingers). Do not grind to a fine paste. Combine the coconut mixture with chopped spinach with some salt and keep aside.
- 3Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add one tablespoon mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Once they start to splutter, red chillies, chopped garlic, and curry leaves. Stir well and saute for one minute.
- 4Add the spinach/cheera - coconut mixture and mix everything. Reduce the fire to medium. Don’t cover the pan. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally till all the water evaporates. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame. Serve along with rice and other side dishes.