Read more about KERALA CHICKEN ROAST
The Kerala Kerala chicken roast recipes are very much famous across India for its texture, color, and flavor that makes it attractive. Marinated chicken fried and roasted in spicy masala onion tomato gravy. You can try this dish for your Christmas vacation and any other special occasions. The
A shallow-fried Simple Kerala chicken roast recipe which is full of essence and spices. Kerala chicken roast is a semi-dry, traditional blend of marinated chicken, fried and sauteed with a spicy, tangy masala paste. This dish makes out the authentic Kerala style taste. You can cook this dish quickly at home for a dinner party as a side dish.
Marinating the chicken overnight will make assured that it’s perfectly seasoned and flavourful. Here I have used some basic Kerala spices along with tomatoes.
You may also like:
- Chicken - 1 Kilogram
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 2 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 1 tablespoon
- Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Tumeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion Sliced - 2 Medium
- Ginger Chopped - 2 Inch Piece Chopped
- Garlic Chopped - 6 Glows
- Green Chilli - 3 Nos
- Tommotto Medium Sliced - 1
- Curry Leaves
- Coriander Leaves
- Salt - to Taste
- 1Take a large bowl and add one tablespoon pepper powder, 1/4 tablespoon turmeric powder, one tablespoon chili powder, one tablespoon garam masala, and Salt. Mix all the ingredients to marinate. Sprinkle little water into it and make it to a thick paste.
- 2Add cleaned chicken pieces into it and mix well. Keep it aside for at least one hour or up to overnight while you prepare the spice paste and chicken curry.
- 3Heat oil in a pan for frying chicken pieces. Add marinated chicken pieces into it. Reduce the flame to medium. Shallow fry the cooked chicken pieces both sides till it becomes rich brown color.
- 4Heat oil(use oil using for chicken frying) in a deep and wide non-stick pan. Add sliced onion, saute it well for six to seven minutes. Cook till it turns golden brown. Add crushed ginger and garlic, green chillies, salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Salt helps to absorbs moisture from onion and helps onion to get cooked fast.
- 5Add one tablespoon Kashmiri chilli powder, half tablespoon garam masala powder, one tablespoon coriander powder, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder. Reduce the flame to the lowest and fry till oil starts appearing around three to four minutes.
- 6Add chopped tomatoes and a half cup of hot water. Cook with the pan covered in medium flame for four to six minutes. When tomatoes are cooked perfectly, add fried chicken pieces to it. Add some chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves. Close the pan and cook for another 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- 7Open the lid and mix it well for blending masala with chicken pieces. Correct the salt and continue for another five minutes without closing the lid. Cook till the gravy is slightly thick and the chicken pieces are covered thoroughly with the masala. Serve hot chicken roast over rice or with parathas, chapathi, naan.