Read more about EGG AND POTATO CURRY
Every day the lots of peoples in India have searched "how to prepare egg curry" recipe because which is an important side dish of the breakfast or lunch or dinner menu in Indian Homes.
In Kerala hotels, the egg recipes are one important dish on the menu list. The dish is ready at any time when you have visiting a hotel. In hotels, egg curry preparations mainly served with puttu, appam, chappati, and porota.
The recipes for egg curry is available in different combinations. Also, we can make egg curry with a variety of styles. The peoples in Kerala are tried different tastes in egg curry.
Malayalees like to make egg curry with green peas or potato. Some peoples prepare egg without gravy that is egg masala roast. The preparation of egg curry or egg kuruma is very simple and very easy to execute. Sometimes I am used coconut milk in the egg curry. Also, we can try egg curry without coconut milk.
Here I am developing egg and potato curry recipe with coconut milk which is very delicious and traditional. This dish is usually served with rice in lunch or dinner. The recipe shared here will give you a simple, spicy, hot, quick egg and potato curry.
- Eggs - 5 Nos
- Potato - 2 Nos
- Tomato - 1 Medium
- Onion - 2 Nos
- Mustard - ¼ Teaspoon
- Coconut Oil - 3 Tablespoon
- Garlic - 8 Cloves
- Ginger - 1 Medium Piece
- Green Chili - 4 Nos
- Curry Leaves - 3 Sprigs
- Thick Coconut Milk - 1 Cup
- Turmeric Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1 ½ Tablespoon
- Kashmiri Chili Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Pepper Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Fennel Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder - ¾ Teaspoon
- 1Boil the eggs for 10 minutes. Chop the onions, garlic, green chilies ginger, tomatoes and keep aside.
- 2Rinse the potato with water. Wash and clean potatoes and peel. Cut the potatoes into small cubic pieces and wash thoroughly.
- 3Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan, crackle mustard seeds. Add chopped onions, garlic, ginger, green chilies, and curry leaves. Saute well on medium flame until the onions become brownish color.
- 4Add coriander powder, chili powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder,perumjeera and garam masala powder. Saute for 2 minutes.
- 5Add chopped tomatoes to the masala. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add cleaned potatoes to the masala along with required salt. Combine it well.
- 6Reduce the flame, cover with a lid and cook the potatoes. Stir occasionally. Water should not be added till the potatoes are slightly roasted and cooked. Next, add thick coconut milk and mix well. Adjust the salt. Allow it boil and switch off the flame.
- 7Last, add boiled eggs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes in a low flame so that the masalas need to enter into the eggs. So our egg potato curry is ready to serve with appam, rice or Idiyappam. Enjoy!