Read more about FISH FRY RECIPE KERALA STYLEThis Kerala style fish fry recipe uses very few and basic ingredients. Also, you can add some fresh finely chopped curry leaves while frying the fish pieces. You can use the same masala for frying any fish. Spicy Kerala Fish Fry is a great side dish for the meal. Find the complete instructions of Kerala Fish Fry and try the recipe.
- Fish - 1/2 Kg (5 Pieces)
- Chilly Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Pepper Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tablespoona
- Garam Masala - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste or Coarsely Crushed -1/2 Tablespoon
- Finely Chopped Curry Leaves - 1 Spring
- Salt - to Taste
- 1Wash and clean the fish. Cut the cleaned fish into equal medium sized pieces.
- 2In a deep mixing bowl, add chilly powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder,garam masala, ginger garlic paste, finely chopped curry leaves, lemon juice, salt, one teaspoon oil. Mix all the ingredients to a fine paste with your hand. Taste the marinade and adjust the salt or spices as needed.
- 3Add fish and mix properly. Cover the masala on all sides of the fish and keep aside for at least 30 minutes so that masalas perfectly blend with fish.
- 4Heat a pan or tawa. Add two tablespoon cooking oil and spread it well. Add fish pieces one by one. Fry both side of the fish till the fish pieces become dark brown in color. Serve hot with rice.