Read more about VELLA KADALA CURRY
How to easily make Kerala Style White / Vella Kadala Curry, here is the solution. This is a spicy and tasty Indian vegetarian breakfast curried chickpea recipe, spiced with tomato paste, green chilies, and curry powders.
These curried chickpeas are similar to Chana Masala Kerala Style. It’s healthy, simple and makes a great side dish or vegetarian main dish.
Try Vella Kadala Dry Roast Recipe
Similar Recipes, you may like :
This channa masala is Kerala style preparation. And it is prepared in a traditional way. Puttu and chickpeas curry is the usual combination for breakfast. This combination is one of the great breakfast menus in Kerala hotels/restaurant.
This chana masala Kerala style with coconut is delicious and very tasty. The dish can prepare with coconut or without coconut. If you have time, curry with coconut milk is excellent. Malayalees also like the dry version of this curry. I am happy to use this dish as an evening snack. You can use black chickpeas or white chickpeas.
These spicy and tasty white chana curry / white kadala curry from the Kerala cuisine. The combo of white kadala curry with puttu, chapathi or appams is too good. Channa masala and puttu is one of my favorite breakfast.
Kerala Vegetarian Curries are very tasty and delicious. In my recipe, using vella kadala, tomato, coriander powder, garam masala powder, coriander leaves etc.
- Chickpeas(Vella kadala) - 1 cup
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Tomato(crushed) - 1
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Ginger (crushed) - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Onion (chopped) - 1 no
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Greenchillies (slit) - 2 nos
- Curryleaves - 4 - 5 nos
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Corianderpowder - 1 tsp
- Turmericpowder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- 1Cook channa in 1 1/2 cups of water or more as reqd.
- 2Heat oil in a kadai or a pan.
- 3Add chopped onions and saute.
- 4When the onions are translucent, add ginger, green chillies, curry leaves.
- 5Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt.
- 6Add crushed tomato, garlic, and mixed powders.
- 7Mix well and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- 8Saute, till oil separates. Fry for 30 secs.
- 9Add half a cup of water and bring to boil.
- 10Add kadala/channa and grated coconut.
- 11Cook for 10 minutes, till the gravy thickens.
- 12Add coconut milk.
- 13Let it boil, till the Kadala Curry gravy is thick.
- 14Garnish Kadala Curry with tomato flakes and shredded coconut.
- 15Serve Kadala Curry hot with chappati, appam or puttu.
- 16Garnish with chopped green curry leaves/malli leaves and serve Vella Kadala Curry with puttu or appam.