Read more about HOW TO MAKE MAMBAZHA PULISSERY
Mambazha Pulissery/Mambazha Kalan is one of the traditional tasty curries of Kerala with a sweet and sour taste, prepared using ripe mangoes. Mambazha pulissery is a popular dish among Keralites.
Kerala Mambazha Kalan curry made with ripe mangoes is a staple among Keralities, particularly during the summers and festive occasions. Mambazha Pulissery is a must serve side dish in all type of sadhya or the grand feast that is served in Kerala households during festivals like Vishu, Onam, and other family functions.
The fresh Kerala spices are mixed well with the mango-curd mixture for a super healthy Mambazha Pulissery. The fresh spices are blended well with the mango-curd mixture for a super tangy Mambazha Pulissery. It is easy to prepare the side dish with minimum requirements. Learn how to make Mambazha Pulissery/Mambazha Kalan Or Sweet And Sour Ripe Mango Curry Step by Step, Preparation Time, Cooking Time. Listed all ingredients and step by step method to cook Mambazha Pulissery Or Sweet And Sour Ripe Mango Curry with reviews.
- Ripe mangoes- 10, peeled
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies- 6
- Garlic- 4 small pieces
- Shallots- 4 small pieces
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 2 sprig
- Dry red chilly- 3
- Coconut oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Yogurt- 1 cup, thick & beaten
- 1Peel the skin and chop the mangoes.
- 2Grind the coconut, cumin seeds, 3 green chilli with little water and curd to a fine paste in the Mixer Grinder.
- 3In a clay pot, add mangoes, little water, 3 green chillies and salt, cook in medium flame. Cook till mangoes become soft.
- 4Meanwhile in a blender, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, garlic, shallots and little water to smooth paste. When the mangoes are cooked well, add the coconut paste.
- 5When gravy starts boiling, switch off the flame.
- 6Add the curd/yogurt and stir well. Add extra salt, if needed.
- 7Heat oil in a frying pan and splutter the mustard seeds, add fenugreek seeds.
- 8Add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- 9Add the tempering to the curry and mix well.
- 10Serve along with rice, enjoy, happy cooking and stay healthy.