Read more about KERALA UPMA RECIPEKerala Upma is the popular healthy breakfast or snack across many states of India. It is very easy to make, healthy and delicious!
Uppumavu is the favorite breakfast dish in India. Upma Recipe Kerala Style is the combination of salt and rice flour. We can add various seasonings vegetables to upma like carrot, onion, beans, green peas etc. When we add semolina with fresh nutritious vegetables, this is the one of the healthy breakfast, it is really tasty too. Upma Kerala Recipe is easy to prepare and delicious breakfast snack.
An easy to cook breakfast dish, Upma Kerala Style is one of the best choices for breakfast and evening tea time dish. This soft, healthy delicious rava upma kerala recipe is very easy to cook and here is the recipe
- Semolina (rava/suji) roasted - 2 cups
- Chopped Carrot - 1 cup
- Chopped Beans - 8
- Chopped Onion - 2 cup
- Chopped Green chilies - 3
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 10
- Tumeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Water - 4 Cup
- Salt to taste
- 1In a nonstick pan, heat oil. Once the oil is heated add teaspoon mustard seeds.
- 2Add chopped green chilies, ginger, curry leaves, onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- 3Once the onions are slightly cooked add chopped carrot, beans to the mixture and mix it well.
- 4Add water, salt and cook for 3 minutes until vegetables cooked.
- 5Add roasted semolina. Mix the semolina till all the water is absorbed by it and wait till the semolina is properly cooked.
- 6Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot Uppumavu with the cup of tea or coffee.