Read more about KAKKA THORANKakka Thoran is a great blend of cooked calms meat, grated coconut, and Kerala Spicy powders. The Kerala style calms stir fry is very delicious and well-known seafood dish in Kerala. You can also try Kakka Erachi Fry recipe.
- Kakka Irachi - 250 gm
- Ginger chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - As reqd For seasoning
- Coconut oil - 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Shallots sliced - 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves - Few
- Green chillies chopped - 1/2 tablespoon
- Coconut (grated) - 1 cup
- Chilly powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- 1Clean, wash and drain Kakka Erachi. Heat a pan/ mud pot add mussels/calms, tumeric powder, ginger, garlic, green chilli and required salt and mix well. Add little water, cover with a lid and cook until done on medium flame.
- 2Heat a non-stick pan add oil. Add mustard seeds and allow it splutter. Add shallots, green chilli, curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- 3Add the chilli powder, garam masala and stir gently for a few seconds. Add cooked calms meat. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- 4When water becomes almost evaporated add grated coconut and pepper powder. Stir well and cook for two minutes on lower flame. Kakka Irachi thoran, a stylish seafood Kerala dish is ready. Serve hot.