Read more about KAYA MEZHUKKUPURATTI RECIPEYou can try other mezhukkupuratti dishes made with popular vegetables like Koorka, Vendakka, Beans. Kaya Upperi is an easy and delicious stir fry dish from Kerala prepared with raw banana.
You can try this tasty recipe Vazhakka (Kaya) Thoran | Raw Plantain Coconut Stir Fry
- Raw Banana - 1/4 Kg
- Coconut Oil - 2 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Small Onion - 10
- Garlic Pearls - 2 cloves finely chopped
- Red Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- 1Rinse the ethakka/raw banana, trim both edges and peel off the skin and cut them into small cubic pieces. Keep immersed in water before it will get dark.
- 2In a deep pan cook raw banana along with little water, salt, and turmeric powder, cook until soft and keep aside.
- 3In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds and allow it splutter. Lower the flame. Add curry leaves, chopped garlic and saute well till slightly browned. Add onion and saute till the onions are transparent.
- 4Add red chilli powder, fry well till the raw smell leaves. Add ethakka, mix well for one minute. Now Kaya Mezhukkupuratti is ready and serves hot with rice.