Read more about CRAB CURRY RECIPE
Nandu Curry Recipe is a tasty and healthy seafood dish from Kerala. This curried crab meat roasted with Indian spices is one of my mother’s specials and one of my favorite seafood preparations. Roasted ground spices have a distinct and powerful taste and when the seafood flavor is combined with this. This is a must try crab curry recipe for all crab lovers and when I say it is a delightful seafood dish preparation. You should try this crab masala recipe, who has not eaten crab meat much, especially with the shells, was eating on this dish and it was sort of entertaining and cute at the same, him eating the crabs with both his hands.
- Crabs, Cleaned and Cut into Half – 500 Gm
- Potatoes, sliced – 2 Meadium
- Coconnut Oil – 3 Tablespoon
- Onion, Finely Chopped (about 1 Cup), Divided - 1 Medium
- Fenel Seeds - 1/4 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Dried Red Chili – 4
- Green Chili - 4
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Chilly Powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt – as Needed
- 1Heat one tablespoon oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over low heat. Add one tablespoon chopped onion, cumin seeds, dried chili, ginger paste, and garlic paste. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about five to seven minutes. Turn off the heat and add fennel seeds. Stir to mix through. Quickly transfer to the bowl of a blender or mixie and blend till a fine paste is formed, and keep aside.
- 2Wipe out saucepan completely with a paper towel and add remaining oil. Heat over medium heat. Add the remaining onion and chopped green chilli. Cook, stirring until lightly browned, about six minutes. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and stir well. Add pepper powder and the ground spice paste. Stir well to combine and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, till the oil separates and starts surfacing. Add one tablespoon water if the paste tends to stick or get too dry.
- 3Add the crab and salt. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove lid, add thickly sliced potatoes, stir, and continue to cook another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with coriander/curry leaves and serve immediately with rice or bread.