Read more about EGG ROASTThis Kerala Egg Masala Dry / Kerala Egg Curry Masala without coconut is one of the easy and delicious side dishes that you can prepare very instantly. Egg Roast mostly served for breakfast with Appam(Rice and Coconut pancake) or Noolappam or Puttu. Also feels great with roti or any Indian bread. Kerala Egg Curry Masala Recipe is a delicious spicy preparation of the eggs in onion and tomato based gravy.
- Boiled Egg - 2 Nos
- Onion Finely Sliced - 2 Cups
- Mustard Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chilly Chopped - 3 Nos
- Ginger Crushed - 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic Crushed - 1 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves - 1 Stem
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Red Chilly Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt - as Required
- Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- 1Boil the eggs(10 to 12 minutes). Peel the eggs. Cut into half and keep them aside. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Once they start to splutter, add finely chopped onion. Add a little salt. Salt absorbs moisture from onion and helps onion to get prepared fast. Fry them for few minutes.
- 2Once onion turns brown, add curry leaves, green chillis, and crushed ginger garlic. Stir the masala well and saute for two to three minutes. Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and salt and some water. Stir the ingredients well. Next, add the boiled eggs to the masala and stir lightly.
- 3Once the roast is ready, transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with curry/coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapati, paratha or rice.