Read more about ARIYUNDA RECIPE
Ariyunda recipe or Ari Unda is a bit traditional Ladoo recipe that has made with Kerala red rice, Jaggery, grated coconut, and cashew nuts. Ari Unda contains many nutrients. So you can add Ari Unda to your kid's lunch box to improve their health.
Kerala Ariyunda is a traditional, tastiest and delicious evening snack and it is very popular in God's Own Country. Here are ingredients and directions for Kerala Malabar Style Ariyunda recipe.
- Red Rice - 1 Cup
- Grated Coconut -1 Cup
- Jaggery Grated - 3/4 Cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 Tea Spoon
- Cashew Nuts - 25 gm
- 1Wash the red rice well and drain off all the water. Heat a pan and put the rice and roast the rice in low flame till rice starts to puff up and crackle and change color to golden brown.
- 2Grind the rice when its cool(Better to grind the rice when it is warm). Don't make it too fine.
- 3Add grated coconut to the rice flavor. Put the mixture in a mixer and stir for 20 seconds.
- 4Put the grated/sliced jaggery into rice mixture and add cardamom powder.
- 5Using a spoon mix rice flour, jaggery, coconut, cashew nuts, and cardamom powder. Transfer the mixture to a mixer grinder and stir them together 4-5 times to mix it well. This will help to bind them easily into balls.
- 6Allow the mix to cool a bit and take each portion of the mix and roll it to small balls. Follow the same process with the remaining mixture and decorate with cashew nuts.
- 7Ari Unda tastes best within 2-3 days. But you are planning to use for a week, keep ari unda neat and clean airtight jar.
- 8Serve it with a cup of tea or coffee, enjoy!.