Read more about KANTHARI MULAKU THENGA CHAMMANTHIKanthari Mulaku Thenga Chammanthi is made with grated coconut, onions, Bird's eye chili (Kanthari Mulaku) with ginger. “Kanthari Mulaku Thenga Chammanthi”, is very special, delicious, traditional and a favorite side dish for Kanji.
Health Benefit of Kanthari Mulaku:
Bird’s eye chillies or Kanthari Mulaku plays an important role in our body, it is well known for weight reducing qualities.
The consumption of bird’s eye chili increases the metabolism and hence reduces the body weight. Fast metabolism makes proper digestion, and waste expulsion can decrease the chance of fat accumulation in the body. Increased metabolism is useful and it would increase the usage of the unused fats stored in various parts of the body.
- Grated Coconut - Half of one coconut
- Small Onion - 3 Nos.
- Kanthari Mulaku( Bird’s eye Chillies) - 20 Nos.
- Ginger - ½ “ Piece
- Green Chili - 2 Nos.
- Water - 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves - 1 Sprig
- Salt - as required
- 1Add Grated Coconut, Kanthari Mulaku, Small Onion, Ginger, Green Chili, Curry leaves, Salt into the smallest jar and mix well.
- 2Grind this and all ingredients together in a grinder for 5 seconds.
- 3Open the jar and add just 1 tbsp water, mix well and grind it again for few seconds.
- 4You can serve kanthari mulaku chammanthi with rice, kanji or idli & dosa.