Read more about KOORI FISH CURRYManjakoori (Yellow Catfish) typically found in ocean and Vellakoori (Long-whiskered Catfish) largely from the rivers and little streams. Koori fish curry is a highly demanded and mouthwatering toddy/kallu shop. Koori fish have good health benefits. Its high in omega3 and considered very healthy. Koori / Catfish eggs are extraordinarily tasty and extremely habit-forming. Different types of Koori fish are widely available in native fish markets.
Here is the recipe to make Koori/Catfish Curry(Kerala Fish Curry). Easy, tasty and straightforward steps to make this curry. Please try Koori fish curry it and let know your feedback. Comments and suggestions are also welcome.
- Fish (Koori Fish /King Fish Or Any Firm Fish Cubed With Bones) - 1 Kg
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 4 To6tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder -1 Teaspoon
- Shallots(kunjulli) - Few To A Handful, As Per Your Choice
- Ginger -2 Inch Piece
- Garlic Pods - 1 Full Pod
- Kudam Puli – 10 Small Pieces
- Curry Leaves - 1spring
- Coconut Oil – 4 Tablespoons
- Salt To Taste
- Water - Four To Five Cups
- 1Soak kudampuli in ¼ to ½ cup lukewarm water and keep aside.
- 2Mix chilli powder(The quantity and type of chilli powder are of your choice, Kashmiri chilli gives better color. A mix of Kashmiri chilli and hot pepper powder would be ideal. ) and turmeric powder in very little water to form a thick paste.Heat coconut oil in a pan, preferably in the clay pot. Add sliced shallots, julienned ginger, crushed garlic, green chillies, and curry leaves. Sauté till it’s done and golden brown.
- 3Add the chilli and turmeric paste and sauté at low flame, till it is done and oil separates. Add kudampuli along with the water mix, and salt to taste. Cover and let it boil. Add fish pieces into it and some more curry leaves, when the whole curry starts boiling, reduce heat and cook covered for 12 - 15 mins. Then open the lid and let it boil for five minutes. When done, top with more curry leaves and little coconut oil. Our spicy Koori fish curry is ready to serve.