Read more about KOORKA KADALA KOOTU MASALA CURRYI have never plan to make this dish today. During our breakfast, there is some Kadala Curry Kerala Style remains in the serving bowl. Today, I do planning to serve my favorite dish Koorka Mezhukkupuratti with my husband's friends. Do you know I have always make Koorka Varutharacha Curry and share with my friends ?. Here is the recipe for Koorka Kadala Masala Kootu Curry , try and Enjoy!!!
- Koorka - 250 Gm
- Kadala - 100 Gm
- Coconut Oil - 2 Tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chilli, slightly chopped - 3
- Shallots, chopped - 4
- Garlic, Ginger, chopped - 1 Tablespoon
- Curry Leaves - Few
- Chilli Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Tumeric Powder - 1/4 Tablespoon
- Coriander Powder - 2 Tablespoon
- Garam Masala Powder - 3 Tablespoon
- 1Rince and soak kadala in 2 cups water for 8 to 10 hours or the whole night. Wash and clean the Koorka well and remove the mud from it. Peel the skin using a knife and wash it again well under running water. Cut the koorka into small pieces.
- 2Cook Kadala in a pressure cooker till soft with salt. After the one or two whistles, decrease the heat to lowest and cook for 9 whistles. Open the pressure cooker and keep it aside. Drain the water completely.
- 3Heat a non-stick pan, and add coconut oil. Add the mustard seeds.
- 4Add shallots, green chilli, ginger, and garlic to the pan when the mustard seeds start cracking. Saute until they turn slight brown on medium flame. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and curry leaves too and saute for few seconds.
- 5Add the Koorka and mix it very well. Close the pan with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes under low flame. When Koorka is cooked add Kadala. Mix it very well and adjust the salt if needed. The gravy becomes semi thick remove from heat and add a few curry leaves and mix well. Koorka Kadala Kootu Masala Curry is ready and transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice.