Read more about LEMON DATES PICKLEThe raw lemon dates pickle recipe Kerala style is a sweet and tangy pickle made by dates in Kerala spices and lemon. Quick, simple and delicious lemon dates pickle is a sweet lemon pickle with the flavor of dates. You can also try Kerala style lemon pickle and garlic pickle.
- Lemon - 1/2 Kilograms
- Ripe Dates (Deseeded) - 20 Nos
- Garlic Cloves - 12 Nos
- Ginger - 1 Medium Size
- Green Chillies - 4 Sliced
- Curry Leaves - 2spring
- Chilli Powder - 1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Fenugreek Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Asafoetida Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Gingelly Oil/ellenna - 1/8 Cups
- Vinegar - 1/8 Cups
- Mustard Seeds -1 Teaspoon
- 1Boil 4 cups of water with salt in a medium-size saucepan. Switch off the flame and add lemon to it & stir well. Keep it covered for 10-15 minutes. Once its cooked and skin becomes soft, strain the water completely. Slice and keep aside.
- 2Heat oil in a pan or mudpot and splutter mustard seeds. Add sliced Garlic, Ginger, Green chillies and Curry leaves and saute until brown color.
- 3Add lemon slices, cleaned dates, and salt mix well. Cook for another 20 minutes on medium flame. Then add all powders and combine everything well. Add little oil and saute it for another 10 minutes. Switch off the flame. Adjust the salt and let it cool completely. Add vinegar and mix well. Store the pickle in airtight jars/containers. For the real pickle taste, use Lemon Dates Pickle after a week of making it.