Read more about MATHI PEERA PATTICHATHU RECIPE
You can try meen peera or meen pattichathu recipe by using any variety of fish(small fish called netholi/ anchovies, baby sardine/ mathi etc) with bones for this recipe but it works particularly well with sardines. (also called mathi or Chala). By using mathi meen you can either try Kerala Style Fish Curry or this meen peera or meen pattichathu.
Serve Mathi Peera Pattichathu as a side dish with steamed rice. You can also try these Fish Curry Recipes
- Mathi(Chala) Fish Fillets Or Any Small Fish - 500 Gm
- Coconut, Grated - 2 Cups
- Small Onions - 10
- Ginger - ½ "
- Green Chillies, Sliced - 6
- Garlic Cloves - 8
- Turmeric Powder - ½ Tsp
- Curry Leaves - 2 Spring
- Salt To Taste
- Cocum (Fish Tamarind), Soaked In Water And Shredded - 3 Pieces
- Water - 1 Cup
- Coconut Oil - 4 Tsp Oil
- 1Clean fish well in salted water. Crush grated coconut, onions, ginger, chillies, and garlic under a grinding stone or in a mixie. Add the turmeric powder and mix in the raw fish with the grinded mixture, curry leaves, and salt to taste.
- 2Heat a pan or mann chatti and put the mixture, then add the kudam puli and one cup of water to cook the fish. Bring to boil, lower the flame and allow the mixture to dry out. Stirr occasionally without breaking the mathi fish, taking care to see that the curry does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Add coconut oil and mix it again. Serve Mathi Peera Pattichathu or Chala Thoran hot with boiled rice.