Read more about DRUM STICK THORAN
The drumstick Thoran has rich in healthy vitamins and other nutritious.
Muringakka Thoran - Drum stick coconut stir fry is an easy to make, more healthy and flavorsome recipe in which drumstick plays the primary role.
It is a traditional Kerala style thoran or stirs fry with Malabar spices and grated coconut.
- Drum stick / Muringakka - 500 Gm
- Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Grated coconut - 1 Cup
- Tumeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Small Onions - 5
- Ginger Crushed - 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic Crushed - 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chilly - 5 Nos
- Curry Leaves - Few
- 1Cook the Muringakka pieces, salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder with one cup of water. Cook until it is perfectly half cooked. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- 2In a mixer grinder, coarsely grind grated coconut, small onions, ginger, garlic and green chilly. Do not make a paste.
- 3Heat oil in a non-stick pan and splutter mustard seeds and add few curry leaves.
- 4Add the ground coconut mixture, add half-cooked Muringakka pieces along with cooked water remaining in it. Stir well for few minutes.
- 5Tate and adjust the salt and cook until drumstick is tender and dry keep stirring carefully.
- 6Serve hot as a side dish along with rice and Enjoy!