Read more about NADAN CHICKEN CURRY
Learn how to make authentic Kerala style nadan chicken curry(Nadan Kozhi Curry) with these tips and variations for the greatest ever Kerala chicken curry, cooked with or without coconut milk. Extra spicy, flavorful and excellent!
This quick and easy Indian chicken curry recipe is smooth can reasonably be made in less than 40 minutes.
More Recipes :
It can make with any readymade chicken powder. Use coconut oil for high quality. After you cook the chicken curry using this chicken curry recipe, let the chicken curry sit for a while. That allows the chicken pieces to absorb the flavors of the curry gravy. Then this Kerala chicken curry tastes even better the next day.
- Chicken - 1kg
- Shallots (Chopped) - 3 Medium Sized
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 Tablespoon
- Pepper Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Green Chilly - 3
- Capsicum - 1 Sliced
- Chicken Curry Masala - 4 Tablespoon
- Cooking Oil - 2 Tablespoon
- Tomato - 1 Sliced
- Curry Leaves - 2 Spring
- Coriander Leaves - 3spring
- Salt - to Taste
- 1To prepare yummy chicken curry, we have to marinate the chicken. Marinate the cleaned and small sized chicken pieces with salt, chicken powder in a large bowl and toss to coat. Keep it aside for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight while you prepare the spice paste and chicken curry.
- 2In a heavy-bottomed, lidded saucepan heat coconut oil, then turn the heat down. Add ginger garlic paste and curry leaves. Stir until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add chopped shallots, curry leaves, green chilly and keep stirring until soft about 5 minutes. Let shallots are converting brown color.
- 3Then add chicken in it saute it well and cover it with a lid. After every 5 minutes, you have sauteed it well. One important thing is you a have to keep the flame simmer. So that water will come from the chicken, should cook in that water don't add some water it will reduce the taste of nadan chicken curry.
- 4Then add chicken in it saute it well and cover it with a lid. After every 5 minutes, you have sauteed it well. One important thing is you a have to keep the flame simmer. So that water will come from the chicken, should cook in that water don't add some water it will reduce the taste of nadan chicken curry.
- 5Add capsicum and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Stir in heavy cream, and season with salt and pepper powder. Simmer continuously chicken pieces are cooked through and tender, about 10 minutes.
- 6Garnish with Coriander Leaves. Serve nadan chicken curry over rice or with parathas, chapathi, naan.