Read more about PAVAKKA THORANPavakka Thoran with coconut is a tasty dish with chopped pavakka pieces blended with a spicy coconut mixture and stir-fried.
Pavakka or Bitter Gourd is a nutritious vegetable with a bitter flavor. Pavakka or Bitter gourd is an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, and B3, C, minerals. Diabetic patients are preferred bitter gourd because it is good to reduce the sugar level in our body. I prepare the bitter gourd without applying water, hence the nutritious content of bitter gourd is not lost. Also, do not overcook the vegetables.
Similar Recipes, you may also like
- Cabbage Thoran Recipe - Cabbage Stir Fry
- Kerala Pavakka Theeyal Recipe
- Cheera Thoran Recipe - Spinach Stir Fry Recipe
- Papaya / Omakka / Kappalanga Thoran
- Vazhapindi Vanpayar Curry
- Amara Payar Thoran
- Beans Thoran Recipe
- Ulli Thandu Thoran
You can understand well-illustrated Pavakka Thoran Recipe (Bitter Gourd Stir Fry) here.
- Bitter gourd / Pavakka - 2 big, finely chopped
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Tablespoon
- Shallots - 4 Nos, finely chopped
- Green Chilli - 3 Nos, finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 or 5 cloves, Crushed
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Coconut Oil - 1 ½ Tablespoon
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Chilli Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Tumeric Powder - ¼ Tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- 1Heat ½ tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan on low-medium flame.
- 2Put mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add curry leaves, chopped green chilies, chopped shallots, crushed garlic, and finely chopped onions.
- 3Now you should reduce the flame and sauté it well for one or two minutes until the shallots become light brown.
- 4Add turmeric powder and red chilly powder. Saute on a low flame
- 5Add the pavakka and necessary salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes. All the nutrients will be lost if you overcook the vegetables.
- 6When it gets cooked, add grated coconut and combine well.
- 7Then pour 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, mix well. Turn off the flame.
- 8Serve Pavakka Thoran or Kaipakka Fry with coconut with steamed rice.