Read more about POTATO MEZHUKKUPURATTIPotato Mezhukkupuratti is a well-known dish in southern India, particularly in Kerala. In Malayalam potato is known as Urulakizhangu.
Similar Recipes, You may also like :
We can make potato curry or fried potatoes based on your occasions. Potato curry for chapathi Kerala style is a great breakfast combination in Kerala's restaurants.
Here you can see "How To Make Potato Curry/Mezhukkupuratti" in very little time.
- Potato(Urulakizhangu) Cut into small cube sizes - 4 Nos
- Crushed Shallots - 20 Nos
- Crushed Garlic Clove - 3 Nos
- Crushed Red Chillies -1 Nos
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Chilly Powder - 1/3 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Tablespoon
- Salt To Taste
- Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Coconut Oil - 3 Tablespoon
- 1Peel the potatoes, clean thoroughly and cut into small cubic pieces. Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan/cheena chatti. Splutter the mustard seeds and add crushed red chilies, crushed shallots, garlic, and curry leaves. Saute for a minute until their raw flavor leaves and translucent.
- 2Now add chilly powder, turmeric powder, and salt stir till the raw smell goes then add potatoes and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover the pan with a lid and fry in low flame. Stir occasionally till the potato slices are fried and lightly brown. Make sure the potatoes completely blended with spices. Switch off the flame, open the lid and adjust the salt. Spicy fried potato mezhukkupuratti is ready to serve! Enjoy!