Read more about CHEMMEEN ROAST
Chemmeen roast is a healthy seafood dish from Kerala. Here we are introducing to you Kerala Style Prawn Masala Roast or Chemmen Roast with coconut bits. Here you can make the traditional Kerala style Prawns Roast dish in a very little time.
This Spicy Prawn Masala Roast is very simple to cook and it feels marvelous. The Prawns are blended and roasted in a spicy masala with coconut bits. Excellent everyday side dish. You can add little extra water to adjusting chemmeen roast with gravy. With an excellent blend of spices, this Kerala Style Prawn Roast is very delicious and mouthwatering. You can enjoy Chemmeen Roast with some rice, chapatti.
- Prawns(Naran Chemmen) - 500 Gm
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Pepper Powder - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cambodge / Kodampuli - 1 Medium
- Salt to Taste For Masala
- Shallots(Small Onion) Finely Chopped - 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger Finely Chopped - 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic Finely Sliced - 1 Tablespoon
- Curry Leaves - 1 Spring
- Coriander Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1 Teaspoon
- Cooking Oil for Roasting
- Coconut Bits Finely Sliced - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt to Taste
- 1Wash and clean the prawns, Devein them. Keep it aside.
- 2Mix all the marinating ingredients like turmeric powder, red chilli powder, pepper powder, Cambodge / Kodampuli, pepper powder and salt.
- 3Add mixed marinated prawn masala ingredients to the prawns and mix it well. Stir well, coating the prawns thoroughly with the prawn masala mixture.
- 4Heat coconut oil in a deep pan, add the onion, finely chopped ginger, garlic, curry leaves and stir on low flame till soft golden.
- 5Once the onion and garlic have cooked down, add marinated prawns masala, salt, coconut bits, and two tablespoon water.
- 6Stir and close the lid of the pan tightly. Remove the lid and blend occasionally till the prawns are deliciously roasted to perfection in the masala blend.
- 7When prawns are cooked, switch off the flame. Keep covered and allow to cool for a while.
- 8Kerala Style Prawn Masala Roast or Chemmeen Roast is ready Now. You can garnish with coriander leaves if desired. Enjoy🙂