Read more about KERALA STYLE BEEF ROAST
The Beef is marinated with spices and pressure cook the beef. Then cooked beef saute well with sliced onion, tomato, shallots, and other ingredients.
This is a hot & spicy Beef Roast Recipe(Roast Beef Recipe) prepared in an authentic, extra tasty and served as very different items in Kerala toddy shops. This warm and delicious beef roast is very easy to prepare with simple ingredients. Malayalees used to serve this dish for Christmas, Ramzan and Easter festivals.
- Beef - 1 Kg, Cut into Small Cube Pieces
- Shallots - 10, Peeled
- Onions - 3, Chopped Finely
- Ginger - 3 Tsp, Finely Chopped
- Garlic - 10 Cloves, Finely Chopped
- Green Chilly - 4, Sliced
- Coriander Powder - 2 1/2 Tablespoon
- Chilly Powder - 1 and 1/2 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Meat Masala / Garam Masala Powder - 3/4 Tablespoon
- Coconut Oil - 2 Tablespoon
- Pepper Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves - 2 Sprig
- Salt - to Taste
- Vinegar - 1 Teaspoon
- 1Clean, Wash and chop beef into small cube pieces and again wash it very well. Remove all excess water. Then marinate the beef pieces with ingredients like chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, vinegar and mix well. Leave it aside for 30 to 45 minutes.
- 2Transfer to a pressure cooker and enough salt, pressure cook until its soft(five to six whistles). Don't add water.
- 3Heat coconut oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add chopped ginger, garlic, curry leaves, green chillies and saute well. Fry it on a very low flame for few minutes.
- 4Add finely sliced onions and peeled shallots and fry it till onion turn a brown color. Sprinkle a little salt to saute it quickly.
- 5Add in cooked beef meat with its juices. Add pepper powder, meat masala/garam masala powder and combine well for 5 mins in a medium-low flame. Adjust salt at this level. Cook till the masala completely absorbed by the beef. Switch off the flame and cover the pan with a lid at least 10 minutes. Beef Roast is ready now and serves hot.