Read more about ULLI THANDU THORANUlli Thandu Thoran is a delicious and easy thoran recipe. Ulli Thandu is also called Ulli Poovu. Ulli Thandu is a seasoned vegetable and not available throughout the year.
Similar Recipes :
Ulli Thandu has a delicious taste and itis very healthy. So that I think you should try this Ulli Thandu Thoran recipe at least once.
- Ullithandu/ Onion Stem / Onion Greens - 250 Gm
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilly Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Salt - as needed
- Coconut Oil / Oil - 1-2 tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilly - 2 Dry
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- 1Clean ullithandu/ onion greens in fresh water. Cut both ends of the ullithandu. In a bowl add chopped ullithandu, tumeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, and grated coconut. Combine the mixture and keep aside.
- 2Heat oil in a non-stick pan, splutter mustard seeds, add dry red chillies and curry leaves. Stir well for few seconds. Now add the ullithandu/ onion greens mixture to it and mix it very well.
- 3Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low flame for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally and check its not overcooked. The ullithandu consumes water when it is cooking so sprinkle little water if it is too dry. Switch off the flame and serve beans thoran hot with rice.