Read more about VELLA KADALA ROASTVella Kadala Dry Roast or Chickpea Dry Fry or Vella Kadala Curry is a delightful and healthy side dish for your dinner/lunch. You can serve vella kadala upperi with chappati or rice. You wish to make vella kadala curry, learn this recipe Vella Kadala Curry.
Hope you get to try this recipe soon and please share and comment your thoughts.
- Vella Kadala / Chickpeas - 500 Gm
- Onion - 1 Small Size Finely Chopped
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 3/4 Teaspoon
- Chilly Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Green Chilli Chopped- 2
- Red Chilly Lengthly Sliced - 3
- Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Coconut Oil
- 1Soak Vella Kadala in water overnight. Pressure cook it with water and salt for about 10 to 12 whistles. The water level should be minimum and it just above the white kadala level. You can keep the stove on simmer mode after the first whistle. Open the cooker and taste it. If the Kadala is perfectly cooked and the excess water is present, cook it until it becomes dry.
- 2Heat a nonstick pan and add coconut oil. When the oil is heated, add mustard seeds and allow it splutter. Add green chillies and onions. Saute well for one minute on a medium flame until the onions become light brown in color.
- 3Add ginger garlic paste and saute it till the raw smell goes away. Add red chillies and curry leaves, saute for a few seconds.
- 4Add garam masala powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and mix it well.
- 5Add vella kadala to it and mix it well. Fry it on a medium flame until all are mixed perfectly. The delicious vella kadala dry roast is ready!!!.