Read more about VELUTHULLI ACHAR
Peoples in Kerala are looking how to make garlic pickle(Veluthulli Achar) in a simple Kerala style achar recipe. You can use almost any type of clear vinegar—white, red or cider vinegar. Use the freshest garlic you can find to make the best garlic pickles.
Pickled garlic mixed with vinegar has incredible health benefits. Every spoon of veluthulli achar contains 14 calories, 0 g fat(0 g sat), 0 g fiber, 3 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 0 mcg folate, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g sugars, zero gm additional sugars, 1 IU vitamin A, 3 mg vitamin C, 15 mg calcium, 0 mg iron,12 mg sodium, 34 mg potassium.
If you love Kerala spicy pickles and you love garlic, you just found a tasty and delicious veluthulli achar. This Pickled Garlic Recipe also makes a great beginner for your meal.
The Malayalees used to make this veluthulli achar in festival seasons. Pickle serve in Onam or Vishu sadya. I love garlic pickle. It is a very easy pickle recipe which can be prepared quickly. So you can learn how to make garlic pickle and you can serve it with rice, biriyani, fried rice etc.
- Garlic - 500 Gm
- Sliced Ginger - 50 Gm
- Mustard - 1 Teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic Paste - 4 Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 2 Teaspoon
- Kashmiri Chili Powder- 1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Fenugreek Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Asafoetida - 1 Teaspoon
- Chili Powder - 4 Teaspoon
- Water - 2 Cup
- Vinegar - 100 Ml
- Salt - 6 Teaspoon
- Gingely Oil - 1/2 Liter
- 1Boil the water with salt and vinegar. Let the water cool down. Heat a non-stick pan, add oil. Put the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds splutter add the ginger-garlic paste. Mix well on low flame. Once the paste is golden color add the sliced ginger and garlic and saute them for 3 to 6 minutes.
- 2The garlic must not brown it needs to be crispy. So do not saute it for long. Now add the spice powders and saute till the rawness reduces. Add the boiled water which has given salt and vinegar to the pickle. Bring the pickle to a boil and turn off the flame. Store the pickle in a sterile cleaned jar once the pickle cools down. Make sure the jar contains no water.
- 3For better taste oil should always stand over the pickle. If you feel there is not enough oil after bottling, heat some oil, cool it down and pour into the pickle jars. This pickle needs to be refrigerated. You can quickly serve the garlic pickle or wait for a few days to use the pickle for greater flavor. You can serve veluthulli achar with rice, biriyani etc.