Read more about VENDAKKA MEZHUKKUPURATTI
Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti / vendakka upperi is a dry dish and a healthy delicious side dish for rice. Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti, one of my favorite dish, which is very simple and very easy to make. We can make vendakka in many different styles.
Mezhukkupuratti / Upperi or fries are one of the popular traditional Kerala recipes. Ladies Finger/ Okra fry is one of the side dishes in Kerala meals. Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti is used as a side dish. I love this mezhukkupuratti with boiled rice. Today’s my recipe is vendakka mezhukkupuratti recipe kerala style / vendakka upperi. Okra/lady’s finger is known as vendakka in Kerala. Though mezhukkupuratti stands for a common name, making mezhukkupuratti depends on the vegetable being used.
Similar Recipes, You may also like :
- Lady’s Finger - 500 grams
- Small Onion, chopped- 10 Nos.
- Green Chilli Crushed - 4 tablespoons.
- Turmeric powder -3 pinch
- Curry Leaves - 2 spring
- Chilli Powder - 3 teaspoon
- Oil - 5 tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - ½ tablespoons
- Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - as you need
- 1Wash, dry and chop the lady’s finger into small pieces.
- 2Heat oil in a non-stick pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- 3Add onion and saute it well for 1 minute.
- 4Once onion is soft add ginger garlic paste, green chilli, and curry leaves. Cook for 4-5 min.
- 5Add turmeric powder, Chilli powder and mix well in low flame.
- 6Add chopped lady’s finger to it and required salt. Mix Well.
- 7Cover the pan with a lid and cook it for about 5 min on low flame.
- 8Then remove the cover and fry it on low flame till it reaches brown color.
- 9Remove it from the flame.
- 10Serve Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti / Vendakka Upperi with boiled rice or chappathi, enjoy!