Read more about VENDAKKA THORAN
Okra stir fry with coconut is one of the side dishes in Vishu/Onam sadya. An easy Kerala style side dish and it is perfect for rice.
You can try Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti, an easy stir fry usng Vendakka/Okara.
An effortless, easy and popular Okra Thoran or stir fry recipe for Onam/Vishu Sadya.
Similar Thoran Recipes
- Okra - 500 GmMustard Seed - 1 TeaspoonOil - 4 TeaspoonCurry Leaves - 2 SpringOnion - 1 Medium Finely ChoppedGreen Chilli - 3 Slit LengthwiseTurmeric Powder - 1/4 TeaspoonChilli Powder - 1/2 TeaspoonGrated Coconut - 1/4 CupSalt
- 1Wash the Vendakka / Okra well in running water and trim the edges of each of them and cut them into small rounds.
- 2In a pan heat oil over medium heat, add mustard seeds and allow it splutter. Add curry leaves, green chilli and saute well till slightly browned. Add onion and saute till the onions are transparent.
- 3Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and stir it well for 3 seconds. Add okra (Vendakka) and salt. Mix it well and cook 6 minutes on low flame. Stir occasionally.
- 4Add grated coconut and saute for 3 minutes. Adjust the salt if needed. Remove from heat and serve Vendakka Thoran with rice.